We are looking for experienced cloud engineers with passion for this work and high commitment to personal improvement, skilled in on-premise cloud architectures and/or major public vendors.
We are looking for people who want to become prominent members in a solid and agile team, which operates in extreme quality on long-lasting projects for big customers and which thinks technology is a real driver for innovation.
The main task of a Cloud Engineer is to develop cloud architectures and to take in charge tasks on internal projects related to this area.
SparkFabrik invests in the continuous evolution of devops practices and tools, for both distributed and localized teams. This allows us to bring our experience with open-source technologies to the Enterprise Cloud market. In the role of Cloud Engineer you will be called to actively participate in the growth and evolution of our technical and methodological culture.
- At least one certification on one of the major cloud-vendors (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience in the development of cloud-based, serverless or microservices applications
- Good knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes on public cloud
- Basic knowledge of tools such as Terraform, Packer or other vendor-specific IaC
- Experience with Linux server administration
- Experience in CI/CD pipeline development with major tools such as CircleCI, Travis , Jenkins, Gitlab, Github
- Solid knowledge of git, including major branching models
- Architect/Professional level certification on at least one of the major vendors (GCP, AWS, Azure) or equivalent working experience
- Experience in designing cloud-based, serverless or microservices applications
- At least one CNCF certification between CKA and CKAD, plus professional experience in managing Kubernetes clusters
- Advanced experience with tools such as Terraform, Packer or other vendor-specific IaC
- Advanced knowledge of Linux and network stacks (IPVS, eBPF, BGP)
- Ability to design and realize different testing strategies and architectures, even on distributed platforms
- Proven experience on enterprise projects and solid knowledge of SRE procedures
- Experience in the design of distributed systems
- Experience as software architect and/or tech-lead on a medium/long-term real project
- Experience in the design of REST interfaces and/or systems distributed with gRPC
- Certified experience or training on agile processes
- Contributions to free/open-source projects
- Experience as a speaker or volunteer in the organization of cons and events
- You will join a team that realizes new cutting-edge solutions for our customers and modernizes their production infrastructures in business continuity.
- You will report to your team leader and you will work together with your teammates, who will share your same commitment to quality and delivery
- You will be involved in moments of confrontation with colleagues of your same level and with the company management over wide-ranging technical issues, reporting your experience and your ideas and taking charge of internal activities for the dissemination and development of new practices and tools, transversal to all teams
- You will have to interface often, on behalf of your team, with technical or business customer representative to collaborate and exchange information, as to propose new ideas and identify unexpressed needs that can be satisfied by our services
- You will have to work in accordance with our processes and practices, to deliver the highest possible quality within the limits of the project
- You will be called to experiment and innovate, autonomously managing the business risk effectively and without negative impacts
- You will receive and process triggers and information both internal and external to the company, give voice to your ideas and work in harmony with your team
- You will need to support and stimulate the professional growth of your team members
Full-time employment. We are open to an initial collaboration as a contractor if preferred by the candidate.
Practitioner Cloud Engineer AGS: from €36.000 to €46.000
Professional Cloud Engineer AGS: from €46.000 to € 60.000
The position is open for remote-workers or for those who want to join our office in Milan Repubblica / Centrale area), at the candidate’s preference.
Workplace & Culture
SparkFabrik is a Tech Company: technology and experimentation are part of our culture. We have our headquarters in Milan, easy to reach by public transportation (a few minutes walk from Central Station and the main metro and tram stops).
The work environment is young and informal. We value what you do and how well you do it. We work as a team, we help each other and we grow together with each project. We give everyone the freedom and responsibility to make their own decisions, within the boundaries of their position. Our recipe for innovation is based on balancing well-known and effective solutions with new and experimental paths: personal contribution and proactivity are always valued and we consider them to be fundamental aspects of each member of our team.
What we offer you
- A company culture oriented towards work and life quality
- An organized and never stale path for growth, based on the assessment of tangible impacts you have on both the business and the company and on the definition of growth goals you can pursue with the support of the company
- Opportunity to grow professionally with certification programs, courses and experimentation activities carried out during working hours
- Flexibility in working hours and location, such as doing remote-work in the holidays seasons
- Meal vouchers, fresh fruit, snacks, water and free coffee in the office
- A top-notch, high-performance laptop running Linux operating system
- Participation in conferences and events across Italy and Europe, preferably as a speaker
- Opportunities for fun and relaxation (dinners, beers, team-building events, etc.) offered by SparkFabrik